3L Development focuses on initiatives that support and care for communities in need and vulnerable groups, specializing in childhood development. Other activities are listed below.
COMMUNITY SERVICE CENTRE (BARKLY WEST AND WARRENTON)
The two community service centre provides information and services to communities, through the development communication approach, in an integrated manner. These centres provide a hub of activities and a variety of services such as:
- Feeding Schemes – over 100 beneficiaries receive a meal a day at our centres.
- Homework Assistance – school children are able to obtain information for school projects and receive homework assistance
- Awareness Campaigns – monthly awareness campaigns are conducted in order to educate and empower the communities on issues such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, human trafficking, etc.
The community has vegetable gardens which are a source of produce for disadvantaged community members and sustainable livelihood. These vegetable gardens are maintained and monitored by specialist to ensure the vegetables grow and are harvested to feed the community.
SUPPORT FOR ORPHANED AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN
3L Development focuses on initiatives which support and care for communities in need and vulnerable groups, specialising in childhood development. This organization identifies orphaned and vulnerable children (OVCs) in the communities and ensure sufficient support is offered. These OVCs are reported to the Department of Social Development. We assist in obtaining birth certificates, applying for social grants and registering these children at schools. Psycho-social support is offered to orphan and vulnerable children.
Arts, Culture and Sport Development Program
The program aims to identify talent and teach children to function as a team. By enlisting the children in the program we hope to keep them off the streets and steer clear of substance abuse. Project Management The organization has managed various projects in the past. Because of these projects, the organization is in the fortunate position to be appointed as a National implementing Agent managing the Community Works Programme (CWP) in the Northern Cape on behalf on Department of Cooperate Governance (DCoG) National.
The organization applies processes, scientific methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives. Each project is seen as a unique, transient endeavour, undertaken to achieve planned objectives, which could be defined in terms of outputs, outcomes or benefits.
- 3L Development is appointed by the Department of Corporate Governance to manage the Community Works Program (CWP).
- Since 2011, 3L Development had the task of managing 11 000 participants. Managing useful work – this has been identified by the community through community participant tools.
- Financial Management: procurement of tools and training for the projects. 3L Development is responsible for the administration of the project attendance registers, Management Information System (MIS), Health and Safety and asset management.
- Implementation of stakeholder engagement in local, provincial and national government and private sector involvement to create and establish partnerships.